I have been chasing my little kolohe around our home, trying to keep cool and keep up. A 2 year old boy is like a tiny, compact bundle of energy. He is, at times, literally climbing the walls. He is a lot of fun…
This iced coffee is full of flavor and will serve you up a sweet dose of energy! Much needed if you have a little one at home, or just need an extra boost.
Mint infused iced coffee:
9 tablespoons ground coffee
4 cups water
¼ cup brown sugar
¾ tsp cinnamon
¾ cup bruised mint leaves
1/8 tsp ground ginger or grated, peeled fresh ginger
Sweetened condensed milk
Skim milk (or any milk of choice)
1. Brew coffee.
2. Combine sugar, cinnamon, mint & ginger in a bowl.
3. Pour hot coffee over the sugar mixture, stirring until mixed well.
4. Let steep for 30 mins.
5. Strain the mixture and pour half into a 13 x 9 inch baking pan and place in the freezer. Pour the other half into a pitcher and keep in the refrigerator.
6. Scrape the iced coffee around the pan after one hour. Check and scrape the iced coffee mix every hour for two hours. Cover with plastic wrap for up to one week in freezer.
7. Fill a glass 1/3 of the way with iced coffee mix, top with 1/3 of the cold coffee, drizzle with a teaspoon of the sweetened milk, add milk as desired.
Love letting the flavors steep… the mint leaves, sugar, cinnamon and ginger are decadent. The final result creates a strong cup of coffee that will keep its flavor after being frozen.